Woodland Star community is a group of parents, staff, and students who share a common goal of creating a vibrant and welcoming learning environment. In order to achieve this goal, the community has created a set of guiding principles known as the “Village Agreements.” These agreements outline how members of the community should interact with one another and the environment in which they live and work.
Our guiding principles:
As ambassadors of the Woodland Star story, we agree:
- To value and care for our community and environment.
- To approach every situation with a growth mindset.
- To show kindness and respect in word and action.
- To encourage one another to dream, create and innovate.
- To celebrate the worth of each individual and their story.
- To talk and listen to each other readily and openly.
- To consider every idea for ‘five minutes.’
- To honor each other’s time and work.
To value and care for our community and environment.
This means that members of the community are expected to respect and take care of one another, as well as the natural surroundings in which they live. This includes the physical environment, as well as the emotional and social aspects of the community.
To approach every situation with a growth mindset.
This means that members of the community are expected to be open to learning and willing to embrace challenges as opportunities for growth. A growth mindset encourages curiosity, perseverance, and resilience, which are all essential skills for success in life.
The Village Agreements are a set of guiding principles that the Woodland Star community has committed to living by. These agreements promote a culture of respect, collaboration, and growth, and are essential for creating a positive and welcoming learning environment.