Woodland Star High School launches August 2023.
In a shifting world, one thing is certain – our children are our greatest and most treasured asset.
Although today’s students must navigate an increasingly
complex and changing world, we believe students:
can curate and cultivate
a better world.
will lead us
well into the future.
Woodland Star is known for small class sizes, integrated curriculum, individualization, personalization, innovation, project- and inquiry-based investigation, multi-age learning groups, inclusive practice and a guiding environmental ethos.
Woodland Star High School will continue building on that same strong foundation, offering a North American high school accredited diploma, and exploring core content and elective areas and beyond through elements such as:
- Thematic Interface: We make learning interdisciplinary by framing it around one unique theme per term.
- Self-paced Instruction: We know that students learn best when they learn at their own pace.
- Career Preparation: We prepare leaders of tomorrow with solid professional foundations today.
- Self-directed Learning: Our educators are specialized in designing content for individual needs.
- Field Study: We apply lessons to the real world, gaining invaluable contextual grounding.
- Service Learning: We develop a sense of purpose through community empowerment.
We will participate with students as we prepare for the future by developing and furthering individual and collective competencies in modern literacy, including:
- Character Education
- Design Thinking
- Global Citizenship
- Ethical Decision-making
- Financial Literacy
- Digital Citizenship
- Multi-modal Communication
- Media Literacy